Thursday, April 15, 2010

What have I done!

So this is a blog that focuses more on my life in general. To follow my adoption journey check out my other blog: http://hseabrooks.blogspot.com/. For anyone that doesn't know me or what it is that I do I am currently working for the Department of Children's Services as a Child Abuse Investigator. So as you may imagine I have a stressful job and over the last 2 years I have re-learned that the best way to deal with my stress is by working out. I workout at Curves (great way to burn quick calories!) and have recently decided to start jogging/running. My wonderful friend Tiffany, check her blog out http://halfmarathontrainee.blogspot.com/ is currently training for the Music City Half Marathon and is loving it. She sent me a message last week and asked if I would be interested in doing a half marathon in September with her. I said yes! I am not sure what I have done, but I am really excited. I officially paid the registration fee today, have gotten a training calendar and started buying equipment (i.e. sports bra, shoes, the Nike Plus chip). I am going this weekend because through this beginning process of starting I have realized that I need some tank tops and pants ( all my shorts are to baggy and ride up). I have not been this committed to something in a long time. Pretty sure the last time was when I was on my health kick in 2004. Then I bought workout DVDs the crunch ball, gym membership and worked out 2 hours a day. So far I am just working on running/jogging more then walking, but am starting the training calendar Monday. My goal is 13.1 miles in 2 1/2 hours or less.
So this blog will be about my training, about my adventures and my life in general.

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! I am pumped I've created another half-marathon monster!! You're going to get hooked! and I LOVE IT!!! So glad you have 2 blogs now too! going to miss you this weekend! BOO

    ReplyDelete