Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Overbooked

So work has been crazy lately. I can only get 11 new cases a month. Last month I got 11 and so far for this month I am at 9. I am on call 2 more days this month. Right now I am sitting at 17 cases (2 have been submitted to close and I have 1 more to turn in today though). I have not had a case load this high since September last year. It seems that a lot of these cases have come in during the last 2 weeks. All this leads to the need to schedule meetings with families. I am usually really good at not over scheduling myself, however I have failed at doing so this week and next. Today is the only day that I am working a regularly scheduled day. On Friday I am having to flex out time, but am on-call Friday night so it may not matter. All of this is an issue and a stress because our home is a home of early birds. TJ is at work most days between 6:30 and 7 and I try to be at work between 7 and 7:30. We are both off by 4:00. This week however I am not able to go in until 9 or 9:30 so that I am able to work later. Hopefully this will all end at the end of the month and I will have my case load back to 10 or less.
Tonight, however, I am leaving work at 4! I am going home fixing dinner and then meeting at least 1 friend to see a movie. I have not had a girls' night to the movies in what seems like forever (it was November). Usually the girls and I watch movies with the boys or are watching them at home on Netflix. All of that is great, but it will be nice to go to a movie and not have the boys poking fun or saying it is stupid. Tonight I will leave work without a file in my car or worrying about a case. Tonight will be a stress free night.

3 comments:

  1. Still kinda sad about the movie last night...we should've waited to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for leaving work at 4! Dumb nashville traffic!
    I think that girls night should be a monthly thing! We all need it!

    ReplyDelete