Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crazy days

Life has been a whirlwind lately. Work, training for the half, spending time with friends, and being a wife. I feel like I have slacked on being a wife. It is so much easier to finish a run day, make dinner and crash on the couch for the evening instead of cleaning up the upstairs or downstairs. I am looking forward to this weekend and not thinking about work. I have decided not to take work home with me, literally and figuratively. When I am home I really want to be home. I miss being a housewife. I miss my husband feeling like when I am home he is all that matters. I miss feeling like I care.
That is enough of that! On to better things, no more harping. I am in a girl's bible study right now that I love!! We are reading Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. Amazing! I am in love with this book. We just finished section 1 and on Monday I decided that I was going to write a better story with my life. I am not great at it yet, but I am taking daily small steps to become better and stronger. I want my family and friends to remember me I want others to remember me, or at least that I touched other's lives in some sort of way. If you haven't read this book I highly recommend it!
Training for the half is going well! Last weekend friend Tiffany and I ran 10 miles in 2:25:30. Not the best time ever, but I will take it. This weekend we are on to 12 miles and I can't wait. I promise you that a year ago I never would have typed on of the last sentences. I can honestly say I am addicted to running! It is a stress relief, it is fun and healthy. Since January, just by making slight changes in my diet and running, I have lost 11 pounds. Not quite where I hoped to be in weight loss, but I am certainly on my way to hitting my goal!! My second half marathon is on April 30th and I can honestly say I am already planning and working on my training schedule for my 3rd half in Sept! Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog (mystorychapter2.blogspot.com). I really appreciate new visitors. I hope you'll come back from time to time. BEST of LUCK for your second half which is Saturday (also happens to be my birthday). I'll be wishing you all the luck - hope it's fun and you have a great time most of all! Thanks again for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete