Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 1

I accomplished my first week of half marathon training. Cross Training on Monday, 30 minute walk/run Tuesday, 3 mile walk/run Thursday, and 5 miles on Saturday. Saturday was my first time running in the snow; it was not a pleasant experience. I thought I had a hard time breathing when running in 65 degree weather, well that is nothing to 28 degrees with wind gusts and snow. Thank goodness for Tiff! I definitely would have wussed out other wise.
Now on to this week. We got 2 inches of snow over night with 2 more expected by tomorrow. I have to run 4 by 400s tomorrow and am not so sure where or when to do them. I am all for pushing myself, but have no intentions of trying to kill myself. This makes me wish that I had gotten a crappy used tredmill for Christmas. Oh well, tomorrow's fight can wait for tomorrow and today we will cross train with Zumba and Jillian! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. Girl when you set your mind to something, you rock at it! I'm so impressed by you and you're psychotic awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to drop a note and let you know that you won the January give-a-way.

    You get your choice of a "Hill's what hills" bondi band or a pair of the new Swiftwick Aspire line socks in your size. Message me with your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there there are several options of the aspire line. I'm going to send you a pair of my favorite style. I like a lower profile sock. At Swiftwick they have several heights they have zero which is like a no show. This is what I wear and really like. If you could send me your mailing info to doafcr@clearwire.net I will get those to you as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got your socks ordered and they should be on the way to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friend, I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger award! Check out my blog to see what to do!

    ReplyDelete