Monday, September 27, 2010

I did it!!!

I completed my first half marathon! Tiffany was my saving grace throughout the race. She was a great cheerleader and never let me quit or even sit down for a minute. We didn't reach our goal of 3 hours (did it in 3:17), but from what I have heard from more experienced runners was that this was a difficult course. I have not let the difficulty of the course keep me from already wanting to do my next race. I am hopeful to be able to do the Race for the Cure on Oct 9th. I am also going to start next Monday training for the Music City Half Marathon at the end of April. I would really like to build up to completing that race in 2:30 or 2:45. I am going to start training harder. I know I can run harder and longer then I had been during previous trainings and I am going to make myself do it. The hubby is taking me this week to get new shoes!! Going to Fleet Feet to have them help me. My current shoes have no tread left on the bottom and are splitting at the sides (they are 6 months old!). I also noticed during the race that my toes were cramming into the tip of the shoes and it really started hurting. I will post pictures soon!
In other news my car and Tiffany's car were broken into between Saturday night and Sunday morning. I am so not amused. The idiots busted in my window and stole a MP3 player. They got into Tiffany's car and stole a GPS and bowling stuff. My car is now at the shop but I get to drive an amazing 2010 Chevy Malibu! I will also post pictures of the car! Hope everyone has a restful and enjoyable day

2 comments:

  1. hey! I saw your post on facebook on the women's half wall... I ran it too! :) I saw that you were looking for follower's and blogs to read... feel free to follow my blog and there are a ton of great running people who blog and can be found from my blog! :) Great job on the half! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Just wanted to let you know again!

    ReplyDelete